Behavioral Health Conditions
Prescription Drug Abuse
Misuse of prescription drugs means taking a medication in a manner or dose other than prescribed; taking someone else’s prescription, even if for a legitimate medical complaint such as pain; or taking a medication to feel euphoria.
For medication information, use the Medication Guide.
CAGE-AID is a commonly used, 5- question tool used to screen for drug and alcohol use.The CAGE Assessment is a quick questionnaire to help determine if an alcohol assessment is needed. If a person answers yes to two or more questions, a complete assessment is advised.
- Tendency to nod off or appear to be extremely drowsy
- Eye pupil constriction, red and/or glassy eyes
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Frequent sniffly or runny nose
- Increased constipation
- Complaints of nausea and/or vomiting
- Sudden mood changes
- Demonstrating unusual or atypical moods