Did you know?
- Both men and women suffer from alcohol and drug problems.
- Alcohol and drug abuse affects people from all walks of life.
- Low morals or a lack of willpower do not cause alcohol and drug addictions.
- Alcohol and drug problems can be helped with treatment.
- Certain medicines can help in beating addictions.
It’s never too late to get help
The first step is to admit that it has become a problem. You realize that you want to take back control. Then it is time to seek the help of others. Problems of alcohol and drug abuse are best managed when they are treated in a mix of ways. Using different therapies and joining support groups can be very helpful. However, for some, that might not be enough. When it’s not, more help from your doctor may be needed. This would be most true when alcohol and/or opiates are the main drugs you use.
This article is information only. It is not meant to give medical advice. It should not be used to replace a visit with a provider. Blue Shield of California does not endorse other resources that may be mentioned here.