Behavioral Health Conditions
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Autism is a group of complex disorders of brain development. The disorders are associated with intellectual disabilities, difficulties in motor coordination, and attention and physical issues.
- Autism and Vaccines
- Unproven Treatments for Autism
- Caring for Adults With Autism
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Autism: Behavioral Training and Management
- Autism: Support and Training for the Family
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder
- Autism Now--Autism 101
- Autism Speaks resource library
Conduct your own keyword search in our Healthwise library for more resources to help your patients make better health decisions.
- Does not respond to affection and touching
- Does not make eye contact
- Difficulty communicating
- Struggles to develop two-way social relationships with others
- Does not show a preference for parents over other adults
- Does not develop friendships with other children
- Has poor language skills
- Shows unusual, extreme responses to objects
- Continuous interest in moving objects
- Forms an unusual attachment to odd objects such as a paper or rubber band.
- Spins and repeats body movements