Behavioral Health Conditions
Eating disorders can be among the most difficult afflictions for family members and friends to understand. Feelings of frustration and helplessness are common. Early diagnosis and treatment can save the life of a person with an eating disorder, but it is important to remember that only an experienced doctor or therapist can treat them effectively.
For medication information, use the Medication Guide.
- Inadequate food intake or not eating at all
- Intense fear of weight gain or obsession with weight
- Self-esteem related to body image
- Inability to appreciate the severity of the situation
- Wearing loose, bulky clothes to hide weight loss
- Preoccupation with food, dieting, counting calories
- Avoids eating in front of others
- Avoids certain foods such as carbs or fats