Refer a Patient
These are Mental Health Services Administrator (MHSA) services and phone numbers.
Primary Care Physician Consultations with the MHSA
For: PCPs & RNs
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (voice mail messages will be returned within 1 business day)
1:1 non-emergent telephonic consultations with a Magellan psychiatrist including, but not limited to:
- Psychotropic medication (e.g., dosage, side effects, reconciliation)
- Dual medical / behavioral health diagnosis
- Complex cases
- Psychiatric consultations
MHSA Customer Service
For: Providers, members
- Routine care, urgent/emergent care – 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Urgent/emergent only – 24/7, 365 days/year
- Emergent, urgent & routine provider/member support
- 24/7, 365 day licensed clinical support
Providers/facilities interested in joining Magellan’s network, call 1-800-430-0535 (Option 4) or email CaliforniaProvider@MagellanHealth.com.
For referrals: Provider Directory
Confidential and Proprietary
The information provided herein is HAI’s proprietary information, which is provided to you pursuant to HAI’s Confidentiality Agreement with Blue Shield of California (“BSC”). This information is proprietary and confidential and shall not be disseminated to any health plan or healthcare organization other than BSC without HAI’s express written consent and must be returned to HAI upon request.