Behavioral Health Conditions
Maternal Mental Health
Maternal mental health may encompass preexisting psychiatric disorders or mental health challenges that emerge during pregnancy. There are numerous biological, psychological, and social factors that may influence the mental health of mothers-to-be. Early screening, identification, and treatment of mental health problems in pregnant women is paramount for the health and safety of the mother and her baby.
Maven Maternity Program
Blue Shield of California offers support to moms-to-be and their partners during and after pregnancy through the Maven Maternity Program.
- On-demand virtual appointments with Maven OB-GYNs, lactation consultants, doulas, mental health specialists, nutritionists, career coaches, and more
- Assigned care advocate to help navigate health plan benefits and providers, and find in-person care
- Educational resources
If you are caring for a Blue Shield member who could benefit from these services, encourage them to enroll in Blue Shield’s Maven Maternity Program.
- Depression During Pregnancy
- Anxiety During and After Pregnancy
- Infertility: Emotional and Social Support
- Depression: Should I Take Antidepressants While I'm Pregnant?
- Smoking: Problems With Pregnancy
- Postpartum Depression
- Depression: Managing Postpartum Depression
- Feeling Depressed
- Problems After Delivery of Your Baby
Conduct your own keyword search in our Healthwise library for more resources to help your patients make better health decisions.